Ir al contenido principal

Lapland

One of the trips that I considered that you should do if you are in Finland is the Lapland trip. I went with the ESN (Erasmus student network) to the trip and they organized the cottages and buses to Levi, where we slept. We spent there 5 days and it was really amazing. Our cottage was a completely disaster, our door was broken, we didn´t have wifi, we didn´t have beds for everyone, just a few beds and sofa beds...but it made the experience funnier and now we have a lot and a lot of stories to share and remember. I´m not going to write every day like a diary because it will make this really long, so I´m going to talk about the important things we made there. Obviously, the worst part was the eleven hours by bus, but I also have a story about the way back at the bus.
We visited the Santa Claus village, and it was quite exciting but I was a bit disappointed, like you can imagine, it was a really touristic place, and the worst thing is that there were two Santa Claus!!! They were in different buildings but it doesn´t make sense, I can´t understand why there are two, anyway the village is cute and I think it´s really amazing for children.  Another activity that I made was the husky safari, which I recommend but it was soooo freezing, I couldn´t feel one of my fingers, but after the race you can go to a cottage with a fire and eat the typical sausages at fire, it´s one of the things I like the most of Finland winter. Also, we could see two reindeers and the Huskies after the race. We also rented snowshoes and we were walking to a hill and the views were amazing, the way to go there wasn´t that amazing hahaha, and there was a lot of snow and one time one of my friends lost his snowshoe and he didn´t realize, we were looking for it but with all the snow was impossible..
Although our cottage was the worst one we had a sauna and I really enjoy it, I think I went mostly all of the days, it´s a really good option when you had been for a few hours outside, when it´s -30º. Also, we had a fireplace and it was cozy, one day we made smores (I had never tried one before), they were so good!
I think we didn´t make more activities, because of the prices, but other people made some like snowmobile, ski, cross-country, horse ride, etc. One free activity that we made and I really enjoyed was sledging, it´s really funny! And of course, we went to karaoke, which it´s very famous in Levi.
I could say more things and stories, but I don´t want to make this longer, so I´m going to say the most important things and I´ll end this entrance, maybe, another day I can write more about this amazing trip. So, the most important and impressive thing was to see the northern lights, it was awesome! We had to go different times to a frozen lake to look for them and the first time we just saw some white things in the sky and we were a bit disappointed, but then, one night we spent a lot of time in the lake and when we were leaving we could see them, it was one of the most impressive things I´ve seen in my life, they were green and a bit purple and they were like dancing in the sky, I can´t describe it, you have to see them understand, but it was one of the best things of the trip, and I think I´ll always remember it!






Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Lost in Turku

Lost in Turku was the last event I did for my 'Get Finternational' course and it was one of the funniest events I have done in this course. We had to form a team and then we had to find 10 points painted in a paper map and we had to do an activity at each point. They were activities related to the finnish culture mostly. I found it very interesting because also people who are not studying the course could go with us. We were a team of six and we really had fun. Finally, you are a bit tired because it´s four hours walking all the time but it was a good experience. I learned new things in some of the points and it was very dynamic. I really liked that in some points there were candies or pastry, it was very nice considering that it was the time for lunch (at least for me). I think I wouldn´t change anything of the activity, it´s good to try to understand a paper map nowadays again, feeling lost in the city you had been living for 4 months. And also the activities related to Fin...

Stockholm

Most of the Finnish people recommended me to visit Stockholm, so this Easter I had a visit from a friend from Spain and we decided to visit it with two more friends from the Erasmus. We were there on Thursday morning and we came back on Sunday morning, but it was time enough to see the most important things. We visited four of the 14 islands that Stockholm has, and we are totally in love with the city. It´s a very lively city (compared with Turku there is a big difference) with a lot of beautiful buildings, it´s bigger than I thought and I think it´s a place you can visit more than once and you´ll always see new things. There are also a lot of parks and places to have a picnic or just chill with your friends. The only thing I don´t like about it it´s that it´s very very expensive, and also they use a different currency so it´s difficult to calculate some times how much are you paying and also I had a fee when I paid with the card. We also did a free tour in Spanish and I have to say ...

Porvoo

My family came to visit me last week, so I went to Helsinki to pick them and we decided to visit Porvoo because it´s near Helsinki. Porvoo is a very small town for almost one hour by bus from Helsinki. We took an Onnibus bus in the morning and we spend a couple of hours there. It has these typical red wooden house next to the river and a small old town, but it´s nice to walk through the streets. There is a church with a tower and a lot of wooden houses all around. There is a ski slope in the city also!! My parents were surprised by that. There is not that much to do there but it´s a good place to walk and see the local shops about souvenirs, clothes, chocolate, etc. We had a break in a very good bakery, we took hot chocolate and some typical pastry, it was homemade that morning and it was delicious! Also, the place was really cozy and the woman was kind talking with me, and she asked me if I knew Finnish and I had to speak the basic things I know with her but she was surprised. Fin...