One month later I´m here, writing about this new experience that I´m living. The 2nd of January I arrived in Helsinki from Madrid, it was a really tough day. First of all I had to get up about 3 a.m in my town (León, in the northwest of Spain), then I had to go to Madrid to take the flight, but I had with me two huge suitcases which exceeded the allowed weight, so I was really lucky because I didn´t have to pay. Also, I had another problem, one hour before the flight my backpack was broken! Luckily my father could repair it. More random things happened to me, when I was in the airport check I had to take away my boots, there were a lot of people and a big queue to the control and when I could finish the control one of my boots wasn´t there, but finally, I could find it. I had to say that the flight was good, when we arrived in Helsinki we met another Spanish girl, who now is my friend, and took a train to go to the train station in order to take another train to go to Turku (where I live), unfortunately the train to Turku was delayed one hour and we were frizzing waiting in the street. Too many hours later we arrived in Turku and took a taxi to the Student village (where we are living) and it wasn´t expensive (surprising!). I was so tired and I had pain in my arms because of the suitcases, so I got into the room and lied on the bed. The room was better than what I expected, it´s big for one person, but I live in the ground floor so it´s not warm enough for me, but I bought a heater and now I am always warm, so it´s not a problem! And also, the best part of the day was when I sit on the bed and started eating my Spanish omelette (one of my favourite meals) made of my parents. As you can see my first day wasn´t the best day of my life, but now, one month later, the things have changed and I have a lot of adventures and experiences to tell you, see you soon!
Lost in Turku was the last event I did for my 'Get Finternational' course and it was one of the funniest events I have done in this course. We had to form a team and then we had to find 10 points painted in a paper map and we had to do an activity at each point. They were activities related to the finnish culture mostly. I found it very interesting because also people who are not studying the course could go with us. We were a team of six and we really had fun. Finally, you are a bit tired because it´s four hours walking all the time but it was a good experience. I learned new things in some of the points and it was very dynamic. I really liked that in some points there were candies or pastry, it was very nice considering that it was the time for lunch (at least for me). I think I wouldn´t change anything of the activity, it´s good to try to understand a paper map nowadays again, feeling lost in the city you had been living for 4 months. And also the activities related to Fin...

Comentarios
Publicar un comentario