Ir al contenido principal

University

I have to say that I expected much more of Finnish education. Here, I hardly ever have classes and I have to work on my own, which is good but at the same time bad, because I feel that I´m not learning a lot of things. I believe that it´s really helpful this kind of online courses when you are working at the same time, but if not you have a lot of time without lectures and it could be a bit boring; also you have to be responsible to work and do all the diary learnings, presentations and assignments and not waste the time.
On the other hand, I have friends in other universities that are studying and learning, and they have classes almost every day, so I can´t generalize. Furthermore, at my university here in different degrees they have a lot of lectures and exams, so maybe it´s only my degree.
At home, I study psychology, but here I study social services, and I find it interesting, nevertheless, when we make discussions with people from other countries there are a lot of points that I don´t know about my country because I don´t study it. But it´s very interesting knowing the differences between countries in social issues, Spain has to improve in so many points, we have to work hard on it.
The point I like from the education here is that the teacher acts like one more of you, he/she doesn´t feel better than you, teachers here ask you questions about curiosities, they are really flexible, and they try to help you in every moment. At least, it´s the feeling I have.
But, for sure the university here was really shocking for me because it´s very different from home, where I have class every day.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Lost in Turku

Lost in Turku was the last event I did for my 'Get Finternational' course and it was one of the funniest events I have done in this course. We had to form a team and then we had to find 10 points painted in a paper map and we had to do an activity at each point. They were activities related to the finnish culture mostly. I found it very interesting because also people who are not studying the course could go with us. We were a team of six and we really had fun. Finally, you are a bit tired because it´s four hours walking all the time but it was a good experience. I learned new things in some of the points and it was very dynamic. I really liked that in some points there were candies or pastry, it was very nice considering that it was the time for lunch (at least for me). I think I wouldn´t change anything of the activity, it´s good to try to understand a paper map nowadays again, feeling lost in the city you had been living for 4 months. And also the activities related to Fin...

Stockholm

Most of the Finnish people recommended me to visit Stockholm, so this Easter I had a visit from a friend from Spain and we decided to visit it with two more friends from the Erasmus. We were there on Thursday morning and we came back on Sunday morning, but it was time enough to see the most important things. We visited four of the 14 islands that Stockholm has, and we are totally in love with the city. It´s a very lively city (compared with Turku there is a big difference) with a lot of beautiful buildings, it´s bigger than I thought and I think it´s a place you can visit more than once and you´ll always see new things. There are also a lot of parks and places to have a picnic or just chill with your friends. The only thing I don´t like about it it´s that it´s very very expensive, and also they use a different currency so it´s difficult to calculate some times how much are you paying and also I had a fee when I paid with the card. We also did a free tour in Spanish and I have to say ...

Porvoo

My family came to visit me last week, so I went to Helsinki to pick them and we decided to visit Porvoo because it´s near Helsinki. Porvoo is a very small town for almost one hour by bus from Helsinki. We took an Onnibus bus in the morning and we spend a couple of hours there. It has these typical red wooden house next to the river and a small old town, but it´s nice to walk through the streets. There is a church with a tower and a lot of wooden houses all around. There is a ski slope in the city also!! My parents were surprised by that. There is not that much to do there but it´s a good place to walk and see the local shops about souvenirs, clothes, chocolate, etc. We had a break in a very good bakery, we took hot chocolate and some typical pastry, it was homemade that morning and it was delicious! Also, the place was really cozy and the woman was kind talking with me, and she asked me if I knew Finnish and I had to speak the basic things I know with her but she was surprised. Fin...