Ir al contenido principal

Weather

I´m so tired of this weather...I think some entries ago I talked about 'spring is coming', well, bullshit! Last Saturday we have such a perfect day, it was sunny, really warm, about 13 degrees, I was soooo happy, people were next to the river drinking beers, playing cards, playing chess, it was like a summer day which you want to be at the street all day long. I even took off my coat and I was thinking "now spring is coming", I´m pretty sure. It was the hottest day since I came here but then...on Sunday it was snowing again, unbelievable! Also on Monday and Tuesday was snowing and cold again, so now I´m a bit depressed having this weather again, I´m really looking forward to having sunny and warm days, I think I would like Turku much more with spring weather. And I really want to spend afternoons and evenings next to the river enjoying with friends. Spring, we are waiting for you!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Lost in Turku

Lost in Turku was the last event I did for my 'Get Finternational' course and it was one of the funniest events I have done in this course. We had to form a team and then we had to find 10 points painted in a paper map and we had to do an activity at each point. They were activities related to the finnish culture mostly. I found it very interesting because also people who are not studying the course could go with us. We were a team of six and we really had fun. Finally, you are a bit tired because it´s four hours walking all the time but it was a good experience. I learned new things in some of the points and it was very dynamic. I really liked that in some points there were candies or pastry, it was very nice considering that it was the time for lunch (at least for me). I think I wouldn´t change anything of the activity, it´s good to try to understand a paper map nowadays again, feeling lost in the city you had been living for 4 months. And also the activities related to Fin...

Porvoo

My family came to visit me last week, so I went to Helsinki to pick them and we decided to visit Porvoo because it´s near Helsinki. Porvoo is a very small town for almost one hour by bus from Helsinki. We took an Onnibus bus in the morning and we spend a couple of hours there. It has these typical red wooden house next to the river and a small old town, but it´s nice to walk through the streets. There is a church with a tower and a lot of wooden houses all around. There is a ski slope in the city also!! My parents were surprised by that. There is not that much to do there but it´s a good place to walk and see the local shops about souvenirs, clothes, chocolate, etc. We had a break in a very good bakery, we took hot chocolate and some typical pastry, it was homemade that morning and it was delicious! Also, the place was really cozy and the woman was kind talking with me, and she asked me if I knew Finnish and I had to speak the basic things I know with her but she was surprised. Fin...

Elderly home

Last Thursday, with a Get Finternational event, we were visiting an elderly home, near Potsa, but the day was a real winter day, so maybe not the best day to walk with the old people outside. Anyway, we were to help old people to take a walk outside, because sometimes there are not enough people to carry them, so we enjoy their company. Physiotherapists of the centre had planned an activity outside, so we made it; we had to look for different places which were represented in pictures we had and then write the letters on the paper and guess the sentence or the word. There were five pictures so we walked for a few minutes with them and it was nice. The sad thing was that most of them didn´t know English, so it was a bit quiet sometimes. It was snowing and it was cold so I lent my gloves to the man I was with and it was really funny to see him with my small gloves. When we finish we discovered the sentence, the meaning was "you are lovely" or something like this, obviously in Fi...