Ir al contenido principal

Shoe tree

This post is maybe not that interesting but for me was something which surprised me. I don´t remember if I said it before but here I live in Student Village west, is a residential place for students, there are different buildings with letters and numbers and three floors in each building (at least in the zone where I live); so there are 12 rooms per floor and one common kitchen for them. We have our private room with a private bathroom, so it´s really good that point. I live in one of the buildings of the "exchange students buildings" so most of the things happen here, like the parties. In the middle of the four 3 buildings (3A, 3B, 3C and 3D) there is one big tree, in that tree, there are a lot of boots, shoes, trainers from the exchange students who were living here. I don´t know how it started but it´s like leave something from yourself "forever" here. In winter those shoes are covered by snow and now they are in the sun, I don´t know, for me, it´s a fun fact. Sometimes I meet my friends in the shoe tree!
At the beginning I said that I´m not going to leave my shoes because I really like them but now, one of my boots are pretty destroyed because of the rocks of the city (for the snow) so I think I will leave them and a part of me will be in Turku, at least, for a while.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Porvoo

My family came to visit me last week, so I went to Helsinki to pick them and we decided to visit Porvoo because it´s near Helsinki. Porvoo is a very small town for almost one hour by bus from Helsinki. We took an Onnibus bus in the morning and we spend a couple of hours there. It has these typical red wooden house next to the river and a small old town, but it´s nice to walk through the streets. There is a church with a tower and a lot of wooden houses all around. There is a ski slope in the city also!! My parents were surprised by that. There is not that much to do there but it´s a good place to walk and see the local shops about souvenirs, clothes, chocolate, etc. We had a break in a very good bakery, we took hot chocolate and some typical pastry, it was homemade that morning and it was delicious! Also, the place was really cozy and the woman was kind talking with me, and she asked me if I knew Finnish and I had to speak the basic things I know with her but she was surprised. Fin...

Sauna

One of the most typical activities here in Finland is going to the sauna. Most of the buildings have a sauna, even some houses have a private sauna. It´s very important for Finnish people and they go very often. I have tried several times and it´s really relaxing if you go after a long day. I haven´t done ice swimming yet and I´m very sad about it, but for some reasons, I couldn´t find the moment, but I know I have to do it soon! About rules, you have to go inside the sauna naked (unless it´s a mixed sauna) and a towel to sit on it, you should take a shower before and then go inside and be there the most time you can bear, when you feel very hot you can go out and take a cold shower and go inside again. If you are in a cottage or something like that you can go outside (to the snow) and then come back; also there is the ice swimming, so after the sauna, you go to the sea or lake (frozen most of the time) and then you come back to the sauna. Usually, they go with friends or family ...

Lost in Turku

Lost in Turku was the last event I did for my 'Get Finternational' course and it was one of the funniest events I have done in this course. We had to form a team and then we had to find 10 points painted in a paper map and we had to do an activity at each point. They were activities related to the finnish culture mostly. I found it very interesting because also people who are not studying the course could go with us. We were a team of six and we really had fun. Finally, you are a bit tired because it´s four hours walking all the time but it was a good experience. I learned new things in some of the points and it was very dynamic. I really liked that in some points there were candies or pastry, it was very nice considering that it was the time for lunch (at least for me). I think I wouldn´t change anything of the activity, it´s good to try to understand a paper map nowadays again, feeling lost in the city you had been living for 4 months. And also the activities related to Fin...