Ir al contenido principal

Shoe tree

This post is maybe not that interesting but for me was something which surprised me. I don´t remember if I said it before but here I live in Student Village west, is a residential place for students, there are different buildings with letters and numbers and three floors in each building (at least in the zone where I live); so there are 12 rooms per floor and one common kitchen for them. We have our private room with a private bathroom, so it´s really good that point. I live in one of the buildings of the "exchange students buildings" so most of the things happen here, like the parties. In the middle of the four 3 buildings (3A, 3B, 3C and 3D) there is one big tree, in that tree, there are a lot of boots, shoes, trainers from the exchange students who were living here. I don´t know how it started but it´s like leave something from yourself "forever" here. In winter those shoes are covered by snow and now they are in the sun, I don´t know, for me, it´s a fun fact. Sometimes I meet my friends in the shoe tree!
At the beginning I said that I´m not going to leave my shoes because I really like them but now, one of my boots are pretty destroyed because of the rocks of the city (for the snow) so I think I will leave them and a part of me will be in Turku, at least, for a while.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Safety

I want to make a post about safety in this country because I feel that it´s a really safe place to live. I can talk about different examples that prove this theory. I have to say that Spain is a safe country, but nowadays the night is harder and harder for women when we have to go home, and that´s a pity. One of the first things that surprised me was that here there are a lot of coat racks at universities and other buildings, where people leave their coats for hours or the whole day and none take them, so everyone does it and it´s really useful, but I think that Spain some coats or scarfs will disappear. Another surprising thing is that in some monuments or touristic entries you buy the ticket but none take it, so none ask for it so you could go without paying anything (in Spain everyone will enter without pay), Finnish people really trust in others. Something that is amazing for me is the fact that cars stop when you are waiting, although you are not in the right place (crosswalk),

Assarin Ullako

I wanted to dedicate one post to Assarin. Assarin is one of the students restaurants of Turku, I could say that it´s the most famous one and it´s the one I go the most. I talked in another post about the price, for being students we only have to pay 2.60€ and we have buffet of salad, rice and potatoes, water or milk and bread, and then we can choose between the hot meals, in Assarin normally there are 3-4 options to choose, and in the other restaurants there are usually less. In my opinion, Assarin has the best bread of all of them, they have a lot of types of bread and also butter, it´s really common here eating the bread with butter. Furthermore, there is always one type of fruit that you can take, the most common is probably banana, orange and apple. I find it a very good opportunity to eat varied at a good price. There is always at least one option of meat and one option of fish and vegetables. In this restaurant, there is also another part with three vegetarian options, so it´s re

The end of the Erasmus

I have more days here in Turku, but a lot of people started leaving and it´s sad because you realize that the end is coming, and we have to don´t waste our last month (less than one month..) here, I have a lot of things that I want to do before leaving so I´m doing a list with one friend to don´t miss anything. In one hand I want to go home because I miss my family, friends, the good weather (the sun mostly), and the food of course, also the lifestyle, but...on the other hand I don´t want to leave at all!! Here I can live my life, I met new people, I´ve learnt about other cultures, other meals, other customs, and I am happy here, I know I will miss a lot of things when I go home. I will miss the friends I made here, of course, I will miss Unica restaurants (at home I have to cook every day), I will miss the landscapes and the peace you can feel here, I will miss the safety, I will miss my room and the city, and being discovering and travelling.. I have one more trip before leaving, I´m