Ir al contenido principal

Curling

I want to write about my curling experience. Yesterday evening I went to an ESN event which consisted of playing curling. I was wondering how it would be, and now I can say that it was funny. As the man who works there said, it´s easy to know how to play but it´s difficult to play it well! Curling is played in an ice "field", we went to the Turku Arena oy. The bad thing is that I was really cold because I forgot to wear more than one lyer and it was 5º, and I thought that we will be tired or warm because we were playing sport, but that is not the truth. I have to say that I wasn´t so bad, I learnt quickly how to play, although when we were playing in teams I was really bad because I trough it very strong and it went further the circles where you have to put it.
I think it´s a good experience to practice once in life, but I think I will not repeat because two hours of it is maybe too much, however, I recommend it!
But you have to know that today I have two bruises in my knees because of the ice :(


Resultado de imagen de curling

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Porvoo

My family came to visit me last week, so I went to Helsinki to pick them and we decided to visit Porvoo because it´s near Helsinki. Porvoo is a very small town for almost one hour by bus from Helsinki. We took an Onnibus bus in the morning and we spend a couple of hours there. It has these typical red wooden house next to the river and a small old town, but it´s nice to walk through the streets. There is a church with a tower and a lot of wooden houses all around. There is a ski slope in the city also!! My parents were surprised by that. There is not that much to do there but it´s a good place to walk and see the local shops about souvenirs, clothes, chocolate, etc. We had a break in a very good bakery, we took hot chocolate and some typical pastry, it was homemade that morning and it was delicious! Also, the place was really cozy and the woman was kind talking with me, and she asked me if I knew Finnish and I had to speak the basic things I know with her but she was surprised. Fin...

Lost in Turku

Lost in Turku was the last event I did for my 'Get Finternational' course and it was one of the funniest events I have done in this course. We had to form a team and then we had to find 10 points painted in a paper map and we had to do an activity at each point. They were activities related to the finnish culture mostly. I found it very interesting because also people who are not studying the course could go with us. We were a team of six and we really had fun. Finally, you are a bit tired because it´s four hours walking all the time but it was a good experience. I learned new things in some of the points and it was very dynamic. I really liked that in some points there were candies or pastry, it was very nice considering that it was the time for lunch (at least for me). I think I wouldn´t change anything of the activity, it´s good to try to understand a paper map nowadays again, feeling lost in the city you had been living for 4 months. And also the activities related to Fin...

Finnish food I

I have to say that I haven´t tried all the typical food from Finland, but I tried a few things, so I´m going to tell you about them. One very typical thing to do in Finland is making a fire and burn some sausages, this kind of sausages and bigger than the normal ones, and on the fire, they are really good. Most of the time, they eat them with a beer or tea. People here love tea, I have to say that I´m not a fan, but I can understand with the low temperatures they want something hot to be warmer, but I prefer hot chocolate! Actually, I have tried a lot of hot chocolate here, and in every place, they taste different for me but I like them. Other food that is typical is the reindeer meat, I tried once in the student restaurant and I have to say that I don´t like it, but I want to try it in a different way, like in a burger to see if I like it more. Also, the “black” bread, but I prefer the white one, and now I´m used to eating it with butter, and it´s very good (although not as healthier...